MA Youth Soccer Safe Sport and CORI Registration
There is a new MA Youth Soccer Coach Registration and Risk Management process for this coming soccer year that requires SafeSport training and Concussion training to be completed in addition to registering and entering CORI check information. Every coach must complete this.
Why do we need to do this? It’s been mandated by Congress and the state. It is effective immediately.
Why is there a new company/provider? Mass Youth Soccer is now using Stack Sports/US Soccer Connect. Henceforth, we will refer to them as “Stack” and your “Stack account”
I was just CORId, do I need to do this again? YES
Be sure to use the same email address and password for all three things.
Travel coaches have been notified to take care of this right away in order to be approved to get your coach ID card in time for your first game. Intown coaches will be emailed to do this once selected as a coach and assigned to a Grade K-3 team in August.
1) Please review the following instructions at http://www.mayouthsoccer.org/members/adult-registration/
2) Login to register at http://wellesley.mayouthsoccerconnect.org/home.php
Use your full legal first, last and middle name (no shortened version) when completing your adult registration. You will need to upload a photo. A CORI check will be submitted automatically for anyone who needs a new one. You only need to print out the CORI form if you are a new WUSC coach who has not been CORI'd with us before. If you are a first time Wellesley United Soccer volunteer, please print the CORI Agreement form and bring to Sue DeNatale at your upcoming coach meeting in August or September or contact her to make arrangements to drop it off and show your driver's license.
You will also review and sign the WUSC Coach Contract and WUSC Coaching Guidelines as part of this registration process. No separate step needed for that.
3) Complete SafeSport/Abuse Prevention online training. This will take about an hour. You can stop and restart if necessary. (A thirty minute refresher course will be required annually after the initial training). Please use the link in your Stack account to take the Abuse Prevention training; this way the system will automatically mark you as Approved.
4) Concussion Training - The Center for Disease Control training is the only Mass Youth Soccer approved method. A link will be provided in your Stack account. You will need to upload this certificate for approval.
If you have already done the concussion training on the CDC site in the past year, after you log in, you should be able to click the where it says “FULL CERTIFICATE” to download your certificate, which you can then upload into your Stack account. You won’t need to re-take the course!
Please do the CORI portion ASAP. The other two items should be done by July 30th. Credentials can’t be issued until the CORI clears and items #2 and 3 are in your Stack account.
Please contact Sue DeNatale at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions!
Policies noted below and more Risk Management Policy information can be found at www.mayouthsoccer.org website under the MA SAFE SOCCER tab
Safety Policies that must be reviewed by ALL adult participants are listed below.
· Mass Youth Soccer Athlete and Participant Safety Policy – Known as Mass Safe Soccer; this includes Abuse Prevention mandatory reporting information.
· KidSafe Policy
· Weather Policy
· Goal Safety Information
· US Soccer Recognize to Recover
More detail about the New – Risk Management Requirements for’ Fall 2019 – Spring 2020 soccer year
Due to the SafeSport Act and the implementation of new required Policies and Procedures from U.S. Soccer, all Massachusetts Youth Soccer Association adult members and member organization’s adult members must meet the Risk Management requirements below; this will be monitored in U.S. Soccer Connect prior to the adult receiving their required Mass Youth Soccer Adult Credential.
· CORI Check Approved.
· National Background Check (NBG) Cleared; the NBG status also includes the State and National Sex Offender Searches.
· SafeSport Abuse Prevention Training Approved. Initial SafeSport Course (approximately 2 hours to complete), then; an Annual Refresher Course (approximately 30 minutes to complete) for each year the adult participates. Please use the link that is emailed to you or available in your U.S. Soccer Connect Adult Registration account to take the Abuse Prevention training; this way the system will automatically mark you as Approved.
· Concussion Training Approved, The Center for Disease Control training is the only Mass Youth Soccer approved method. A link to the Center for Disease Control training will be emailed to you and provided to you in your Adult Registration account. You will need to upload this certificate for approval. Check with your organization for approval length of time.
*You will receive both training links mentioned above once your organizations Administrator marks you as a confirmed participant.
Important Notes for Adult Registration
· Please make note of your Username and Password as registration is required annually and they are needed to access your account.
· IMPORTANT: The Email Address entered on the Registration form is used to manage account registration(s) (all registrations, adult and player) information, it also links to the Digital Coaching Center (DCC) and SafeSport Auto-Approval.
o If you do not use the same email address for all family member registrations, the system will create a duplicate account.
o If you do not use the same email address that was used to create your DCC account that holds your coaching license information, it will not show in your account.
o If you do not complete your SafeSport Abuse Prevention Training using the link in your account that has your email address, you will not be auto approved
· You are required to upload a head shot photo during the Adult Registration process.
· Make sure to have a photo available on the system (computer, phone, tablet, pad) you are using to register.
· If you belong to more than one organization, you must register online with each one; the information on your Adult Registration form will auto-fill when you login to complete your second Adult Registration.
· Club & League Connect: email@example.com
· Team Connect: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Support Phone: 866-892-0777
Press 2 for support and press 1 for association, club and league, or team connect support.